Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Search Search Search

You will be drowned by tons of don't-know-true-or-false information when you actually look into the Search Engine Optimization topic.

This is the conclusion I get after I did a few weeks study on how to optimize a website to get Search Engine favour. There are so many tips and advices found from those so-called SEO expert sites. Among all the information I get, amazingly quite a number of them are actually contradict to each other. Ooosh, they are blowing me up. For an idiot like me to digest and understand all these information, and try to distinguish which of them are actually rubbish is a killing task.

But I guess this is a good experience for me in digging deep into SEO. Whether you aware it or not, nowadays most of the people rely on the Search Engines in their daily life. Buy a product? Just Google. Find a movie? Well, Google again (or Yahoo! maybe). Assignment? Go Google. Ok, whatever... Search Engines become part of our life.

This is why businesses want to get listed in popular Search Engine Results Page. Get listed itself is always not enough, but get high ranking is most important. To be at top of SERPs means you can get noticed by more people, thus creating more traffic to your site. Alright, more traffic = more business most of the time.

Anyway, I am going to do some experiments based on my SEO study these few weeks. Hopefully it will bring the results I want. :-)

No comments: